Lifestyle

Braiding and Fixing Salon

Out of excitement that I made my hair today, I decided to write about an issue that I have not been finding FUNNY!!!!!!.

Hmmm! when it comes to braiding and fixing of hair, it’s really an issue that have been disturbing not just me but also my friends here. Even relaxing of hair is another issue, although that was settled by a salon being run by an Asian lady, but trust me, she makes a hell of money because her pricing is being determined by the mood she is in at the time (but they are never low and never the same even if you do the same thing when next you come) …LOL

Now back to the braiding and weavon fixing issue (On this point, you would wish to be charged any price just to get your hair done). I can’t find the right words to describe the search for a braiding salon … but to cut the long story short, most of us had to resort to friends that could make hair for a reasonable price, but this joy was cut short because most couldn’t combine the high demand with their basic responsibilities.

So whenever my hair is due for a change, I know it’s another time for a Dubai trip. It sounds like fun at first but later it’s no longer fun because you find yourself getting used to the places that you should have reserved for vacations, also, the inconvenience of travelling at times when you don’t feel like but you just have to, in order to get your hair done. (At this point I feel jealous of other European or Asian Expatriates who have salons every where that make their hair to the extent that they have the option to choose the best).

Anyway my jealousy is over (although I don’t have the option of choosing the best like them …lol), but I now know of a salon that braids and fixes hair here in Muscat. She braided my hair the last time, and fixed my hair today …YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply Anonymous October 10, 2013 at 11:42 am

Hi,

I am looking for a braiding salon to do havana twist, can you tell me where it is located

• Reply Sarah January 16, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Heyy!

I currently live in Muscat and would like to know the hair salon that you were talking about here that you said braids hair. I would love to get Box Braids. I currently live in Qurum.

• Reply Chanel July 16, 2015 at 9:12 am

Hello!
      I was curious if you had ever found the salon? I’ll be moving to Muscat at the end of July and will be need a salon soon
      Thanks!

• Reply vee April 2, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Hi.

I am new in muscat and also live in qurum and would love to know where this salon is that fixes african hair and braids it

• Reply Chanel July 16, 2015 at 9:10 am

Hello!
    I will be moving to Muscat at the end of the month and would like to know as well where this salon is located because hair care is the desert is a must! Thanks

• Reply olayinka abiola January 13, 2016 at 10:05 am

I am a Nigerian & I am arranging to visit & bring hair products to Oman. I always supply to Dubai & now I want to try Oman. I am bringing hair relaxer, weavon, attachments etc.
      Can you tell me how to go about this & what exactly Africans need in Oman.

• Reply olayinka abiola January 13, 2016 at 10:00 am

Can you tell me how to go about this & what exactly Africans need in Oman.

• Reply yuliya June 5, 2016 at 10:01 am

Can you please advise where in Muscat or Dubai possible to make braidning?

• Reply julianah September 12, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Hi Yulia,

You can have have your hair done in Dubai at Alkhail Mall near Alkhail gate, Ground floor and 2nd flr

As for Oman as still new and lookin for salon here

• Reply ju September 18, 2016 at 12:18 am

Does anyone have name of salon in muscat i can braid, relax or put weave on my african hair?